Trilhos dos Abutres®
TRILHOS DOS ABUTRES® is a semi-self-sufficiency trail with a total distance of 30km, that is held on January 27, 2018, starts at 10:00 am, and runs the paths and tracks of the Serra da Lousã – Miranda do Corvo and Vila Nova, in the approximate distance of 30 km and 1,500 meters of accumulated positive difference, with beginning and end at the Municipal Market of Miranda do Corvo.
Every athlete should be aware of the distances and specific difficulties of trail running and the positive and negative slope of these, and to be adequately prepared, both physically and mentally.
Of having acquired, before an event, an actual autonomous capacity in mountains, that allows the management of the problems that rise from this type of trials, namely:
- Being able to face, without external aid, adverse weather and environmental conditions (night, wind, snow, fog and rain);
- Knowing how to handle physical or mental problems resulting from extreme fatigue, digestive problems, muscular and joint pain, small injuries, etc.
- Be accompanied by an unregistered athlete within the designated zones
- Take all required material during the race;
- Put your garbage in the nearest supplies.*
*1.3 of the 2018 Regulation
- Except in cases of serious injury, the athlete must not leave outside a checkpoint. You must notify the organization that you will register the withdrawal of proof.
- If the athlete is not injured, he should reach the nearest checkpoint in order to make the transport.
- In case of unfavorable weather conditions, which require the total or partial stop of the race, the organization ensures the evacuation in the shortest possible time.
- Locations; Vila Nova, Senhora da Piedade, Gondramaz and Espinho.
The course may undergo minor changes until one month of the race.
Conditions of participation
- The pre-registration period starts on October 15, 2017 and ends on October 29.
- Validation from 1 to 15 November.
- Draw on November 10.
One of the sporting events of greater importance and of greater relief in the portuguese panorama. In 2016, the registrations ran out in a fast 7 minutes.