MINI TRILHOS DOS ABUTRES is a semi-self-sufficiency race, held on january 30th 2022, starting at 9:00 AM, that runs the paths and tracks of the Serra da Lousã – Freguesia de Miranda do Corvo and Freguesia de Vila Nova, in the approximate distance of 20 km and 835D+ meters of accumulated positive difference, with beginning and end at the Municipal Market of Miranda do Corvo.
Aid stations will provide athletes with food and drink, according to the rules imposed by the DGS. The organization will not put cups in the supplies, and athletes must bring their own containers.
There is no external support in this competition, just an “open” area, exclusive to athletes, with solid and liquid food, at Senhora da Piedade and Gondramaz.
Mandatory and Recommended Material
• Visible race bib
• Surgical-type mask or FFP2 or fabric that meets European standards
• Survival blanket (140 x 200 cm no minimum)
• Operational cellphone
• GPS Watch
• Water cup: the organization will not give cups in the supplies
• Tank(s) for liquids with a minimum capacity of 1L
• If weather conditions are unfavorable, the organization strongly recommends wearing warm technical clothing + long pants + buff / hat + gloves.
Warning: Depending on weather conditions, material may change and this information will be rectified during the briefing. Given the inherent unpredictability of the COVID19 pandemic, the organization will share information about its development and requirements or obligations through the event’s official channels.
Each athlete must be aware of the specific distances and difficulties of the races, their positive and negative slope, and of being adequately prepared physically and mentally.
If, before the event, you have acquired a real mountain autonomy capability that allows you to manage the problems that arise from this type of test, namely:
> To be able to face adverse environmental and climatic conditions (night, wind, snow, fog and rain) without outside help;
> Know how to manage the physical or mental problems resulting from extreme fatigue, digestive problems, muscle and joint pain, minor injuries, etc .;
> It is forbidden to accompany all or part of the race by a non-registered person, outside the designated aid stations;
> Take all mandatory material during the test (check point 2.9 of the regulation)
> Put your garbage in the supplies provided by the organization.
- Except in cases of serious injury, the athlete must not leave outside a checkpoint. You must notify the organization that will register the waiver of the event.
- If the athlete is not injured, he should reach the nearest checkpoint in order to make the transport.
- In case of unfavorable weather conditions, which require the total or partial stop of the race, the organization ensures the evacuation, in the shortest time possible.
- Places: Senhora da Piedade and Gondramaz.
The course may change slightly to one month.
• The pre-registration period starts on October 15th, 2021 and ends on October 31st, 2021.
• Validation from November 1st to November 11th, 2021.
• Draw on November 12th, 2021*.
*The draw will only take place if the number of pre-registrations exceeds the number of places for each competition.
Vacancies and criteria
• 30 organizations (sponsors, national champions, solidary back, hotel packs, totalists, guests, itra ranking, etc.);
• 170 draw*
• 20 foreigners
• 60 best results
• 20 eco-registrations
• 30 first men in Mini Trilhos dos Abutres 2020
• 30 first females in Mini Trilhos dos Abutres 2020
• Former winners of the Mini Trilhos dos Abutres;
• Mini Trilhos dos Abutres 2020 podium (overall male and female).