ULTRA TRILHOS DOS ABUTRES is a semi-self-sufficiency race, held on January 29th 2022, starting at 8:00 AM, that runs the paths and tracks of the Serra da Lousã – Freguesia de Miranda do Corvo and Freguesia de Vila Nova, in the approximate distance of 50 km and 2.500 meters of accumulated positive difference, with beginning and end at the Municipal Market of Miranda do Corvo.
Aid stations will provide athletes with food and drink, according to the rules imposed by the DGS. The organization will not put cups in the supplies, and athletes must bring their own containers.
In Senhora da Piedade there is a support area for the teams. There is also an “open” area for athletes who are not assisted with food and liquids. In Cardeal, Observatório, Parque Eólico, Gondramaz there is no support for the teams, only an “open” area with food and liquids.
Mandatory and Recommended Material
• Visible race bib
• Surgical-type mask or FFP2 or fabric that meets European standards
• Survival blanket (140 x 200 cm no minimum)
• Operational cellphone
• Tank(s) for liquids with a minimum capacity of 1 liter
• GPS Watch
• Water cup: the organization will not give cups in the supplies
• If weather conditions are unfavorable, the organization strongly recommends wearing warm technical clothing + long pants + buff / hat + gloves.
Warning: Depending on weather conditions, material may change and this information will be rectified during the briefing. Given the inherent unpredictability of the COVID19 pandemic, the organization will share information about its development and requirements or obligations through the event’s official channels.
Each athlete must be aware of the specific distances and difficulties of the races, their positive and negative slope, and of being adequately prepared physically and mentally.
If, before the event, you have acquired a real mountain autonomy capability that allows you to manage the problems that arise from this type of test, namely:
> To be able to face adverse environmental and climatic conditions (night, wind, snow, fog and rain) without outside help;
> Know how to manage the physical or mental problems resulting from extreme fatigue, digestive problems, muscle and joint pain, minor injuries, etc .;
> It is forbidden to accompany all or part of the race by a non-registered person, outside the designated aid stations;
> Take all mandatory material during the race (check point 2.9 of the regulation)
> Put your garbage in the supplies provided by the organization.
- Except in cases of serious injury, the athlete must not leave outside a checkpoint. You must notify the organization that will register the waiver of the event.
- If the athlete is not injured, he should reach the nearest checkpoint in order to make the transport.
- In case of unfavorable weather conditions, which require the total or partial stop of the race, the organization ensures the evacuation, in the shortest time possible.
- Places: Senhora da Piedade and Gondramaz.
The course may change slightly to one month.
• The pre-enrollment period starts on October 15th 2021, and ends on October 31st 2021.
• Validation from November 1st to November 11th
• Draw on November 12th 2021*
*The draw will only take place if the number of pre-registrations exceeds the number of places for each competition.
Vacancies and criteria
• 100 organization (sponsors, solidarity bibs, hotel packs, totalists, ITRA ranking, etc.)
• 280 draw*
• 100 foreigners
• 150 best results
• 20 eco-registrations
• 50 first male at the UltraTrilhos dos Abutres 2020
• 50 first female at the UltraTrilhos dos Abutres 2020
• 50 ATRP ranking of the Ultra Trail Championship (until October 15th)
• Former winners of the UltraTrilhos dos Abutres
• Podium Ultra Trilhos dos Abutres 2020 (overall male and female)
• 2021 National Ultra Trail male Champion
• 2021 National Ultra Trail female Champion
• > 850 ITRA Performance (Male)
• > 700 ITRA Performance (Female)
For more information see the regulation.