ULTRA TRILHOS DOS ABUTRES is a semi-self-sufficiency race, held on February 1st 2020, starting at 8:00 AM, that runs the paths and tracks of the Serra da Lousã – Freguesia de Miranda do Corvo and Freguesia de Vila Nova, in the approximate distance of 55 km and 2.700 meters of accumulated positive difference, with beginning and end at the Municipal Market of Miranda do Corvo.
This race is presented to us as the “perfect trail” in a fusion of the “classic” 50km with links to the new 2019 Trail World Championships tracks.
At Senhora da Piedade there is a team support area (duly accredited) and a medical post. There is also an “open” area for athletes who are not assisted with food and liquids. The aid station at Observatório has the same conditions as above. At Vila Nova (only liquids), Cardeal, Parque Eólico, Gondramaz and Espinho there is no support to the teams, just an “open” area with food and liquids.
Mandatory and Recommended Material
• Visible race bib
• Survival blanket (140 x 200 cm no minimum)
• Operational cellphone
• Water tank with capacity of at least 1L
• GPS Watch
• Water cup: the organization will not give cups in the supplies
• If weather conditions are unfavorable, the organization strongly recommends wearing warm technical clothing + long pants + buff / hat + gloves.
Warning: Depending on weather conditions, material may change and this information will be rectified during the briefing.
Each athlete must be aware of the specific distances and difficulties of the races, their positive and negative slope, and of being adequately prepared physically and mentally.
If, before the event, you have acquired a real mountain autonomy capability that allows you to manage the problems that arise from this type of test, namely:
> To be able to face adverse environmental and climatic conditions (night, wind, snow, fog and rain) without outside help;
> Know how to manage the physical or mental problems resulting from extreme fatigue, digestive problems, muscle and joint pain, minor injuries, etc .;
> Be accompanied by an athlete not registered within the designated areas;
> Take all mandatory material during the test;
> Put your garbage in the supplies provided by the organization.
- Except in cases of serious injury, the athlete must not leave outside a checkpoint. You must notify the organization that will register the waiver of the event.
- If the athlete is not injured, he should reach the nearest checkpoint in order to make the transport.
- In case of unfavorable weather conditions, which require the total or partial stop of the race, the organization ensures the evacuation, in the shortest time possible.
- Places: Senhora da Piedade and Gondramaz.
The course may change slightly to one month.
• The pre-enrollment period starts on November 1st 2019, and ends on November 15th.
• Validation from November 16th to November 21st
• Online Draw on November 22nd, 2019.
Vacancies and criteria (1)
• 100 organization (sponsors, totalists, guests, itra ranking, etc.)
• 250 draw
• 50 supportive dorsals
• 100 foreigners
• 150 best results
• 50 first male at the UltraTrilhos dos Abutres 2019
• 20 first female at the UltraTrilhos dos Abutres 2019
• 80 ATRP ranking of the Long Trail Championship (until November 1st)
• Former winners of the UltraTrilhos dos Abutres
• Podium Ultra Trilhos dos Abutres 2019 (general male and female)
• 2018 National Ultra Trail male Champion
• 2018 National Ultra Trail female Champion
• > 900 ITRA Performance (Male)
• > 780 ITRA Performance (Female)
For more information see the regulation.